Thursday, December 4, 2008

zoom zoom zoom



After our Elders Meeting last night, One of the Elders asked me what year I was in school. He was wanting to know how long they could keep me. I Jokingly said, "Well, at the rate i'm going i'll be here for the next 7 years!" He laughed, but then he said, "Sounds like you in a hurry. Be careful with your school. Don't do it fast, Do it right."

Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from Pharaoh's presence and travelled throughout Egypt.
~Gen. 41:46

30 years old?!? That OLD! Joseph had spent years in slavery and prison. Life was just passing him by. But he entered the Lord's Service and wound up saving the Nation Of Isreal.

I've been So weary this year, And I know why. I've been rushing into things. I rushed back to school, into classes, into a ministry, into a relationship, and i'm about to rush out of my house.

It seems everyone here is just in a hurry to graduate and "do some real ministry". A Friend of mine said "I want to get married and i'm not getting any younger!"


Why must we rush? Can we slow down and relax a little?

No comments: