Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rants on Lovers

What exactly defines "A Dating Couple"? What makes a "girlfriend" different from all your other friends who are girls? When exactly do u cross that line and make someone that..."special"?

Lets get the easy stuff out of the way. Facebook is not the authority, nor is Myspace, and neither is the opinions and feelings of "busybodies" who may call themselves "matchmakers". Pretty sure this is something between the 2 parties involved.

Alright, well, fromt he worldly viewpoint, The physical side could be that boundry. But then you could ask "physical how?", since you probobly occasionally touch your other "Woman Friends". So, romantic touching? Sexual touching? from the worldly view, yes! Too bad that view won't work out. A Sidenote on that.

Imagine. Everytime You say "I love you", Everytime you rub someone's back, hold thier hand, or kiss them, you are giving them a part of yourself. You are taking a moment in time and forever marking it with this event, this memory. And then, 6 months later you 2 broke up because "you didn't have chemistry". So where do all those emotions and memories go? Nowhere. They follow you, for the rest of your life. Now you're doomed to compare your "future loves" kisses, back-rubs, and even dancing ability to you're past "conquests". Congrats.

I'm not really sure how I feel about Dating. It has so many pressures, connotations, misconceptions, and shortfalls, that I think I would rather just Propose to a Good friend and skip the whole "dating" thing. (Gasp! Patrick's lost his mind! you can't skip Dating) Why? (Because, you just can't) Hmm..well, what about people in the past who never dated. they met, became friends, and went for it. (but it's a cultural thing! you have too) False. We are aliens and strangers. I think we're aloud to not be slaves to the culture we're in.

I never did answer those questions above, did I? personally, I think that 2 people who are truly in love, don't need to have "titles" to wear around and show off to others. I trully think that they can have a mutual undestanding that they just like each other alot. I am NOT saying Friends with benifits. honestly, I think dating is, at times, an excuse to kiss and hold hands, just like marriage can, at times, be an excuse for sex. Friends can touch each other affectionatly, but respectfully.

The further the friendship deepens, eventually the two people decide they want to spend thier lives with each other. This is not the first time romance enters the scene. However, it is possible to be romantic without being extremly physical. The couple gets engaged, because now thier serious. now that they are serious, they announce it too the world. Dating, is a joke. You announce it to people for bragging rights and glory.

I'm sorry if i'm stepping on people's toes by saying that, but this is how I feel. And quite honestly, how i've felt for a year-ish (and yes, i dated during this year).

Please, share you're thoughts and doubts and complaints. If u have hatemail, I ask you send me a message or Email. gijimbob@labyrinthts.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great insight Patty