Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Censoring

I've always found it amazing that Christians seem to "hate" secular music, and i've always found that odd. today, riding around with my brother, listening to non-christian music at unsafe volume levels has given me a theory; what if non-christian music actully touches us?

Christian music is very important too me. there are bands that I love and touch me. But i wonder if when we "censor" our music, we sensor one outflow of the soul. not even just for musicians, but everyone. It seems that my musician friends are more easy-going about music, but people who are not are more picky about music(that seems paradoxial).

Non christian music is Raw, Uncensored, Free. I've always "known" this, but i became aware of it today. Songs that I could be fired over at my church(probobly an exageration) that touch me soul. Songs that really touch on how I feel. Songs that I daresay give me hope. If someone else can think and feel this way, then something isn't wrong with me. i'm not different anymore. i'm not "the wildcard".

No comments: