Friday, December 5, 2008

Faith, Hope, and Love



I remember when I came to school after this summer. I was so full of hope. Hope for my Job at IHOP, Hope for a ministry, Hope for a relationship, hope for classes. Even the "little things" like dancing, watching movies, having worship nights...being with people I care about!



Here I am at the end of the semester and hope is somthing it seems I have to ration. If I "hope to big" I'm afraid my dreams will be dashed. I did hope to big about somethings this semester, and I did get hurt, but I can't stop hoping.


I want to go swing dance. I want to Go christmas Caroling. I want to have a worship night in boatman lobby. I want to hang with peple I love and Care about and do something stupid! I want to dance, even if we don't do it at the dancing place, it's about dancing with people! I want to sing carols, even if there is no snow! it's about spreading Christmas Cheer and HAVING FUN! Not about some frozen water.I want to play guitar with 3 or 4 friends and praise God.


I want to share stories of God's love and power with them, and have them share them with me. I want to grab some people and make them do something spontaneous, because I know deep down they want too. Finals don't matter, Class doesn't matter, and "being wierd" doesn't matter. Not in comparison to this. Faith, Hope...Love.


People need those more than grades or a reputation.

No comments: