Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Testimony

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:

Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. Woe to me! I cried. I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty. Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for. Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!
~Isaiah 6:1-8

Chris DeWelt is probobly my least fovrite Professor this semester. From the standpoint of a Student, i don't like his class. He is constantly going on tangents, he is drawing strange conclusions, and his emotions seem to be a major part of the curriculum. However, as a man, I have come to Highly respect him.

Chris is one of the most passionate people I know. He is serious about God's work, and is convinced that God is serious about missions. He displays a love for people and cultures that i've heard about but have never seen. He talks about individuals, specific people, not just statistics on a powerpoint. He gets going on rants about how selfish we are as American Christians, and I don't like it...because I know he's mostly right. He talks about the poverty and utter depravity people live in, and it brings him to tears.

I Want to be like that. I want to be SO passionate for advancing the Kingdom, for saving youth, for educating Christians about Serving God, that I cannot think about myself while speaking or thinking about it. I want to be Sold out for Christ. To be like the Apostle Paul...

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death...
~Philippians 3:10

To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
~Colossians 1:29

Here am I. Send Me.

No comments: