Thursday, October 30, 2008

Supposed too

I was listening to the Song Hosanna the other day, and suddenly became curious as to what it actually meant. While I didn't search any in-depth sources(i.e. i stuck to Wikipedia and Websters), The only definition i could find was "an Exclamation of Praise, adoration, and thankfulness". Cool. But did I mean that every time i sang it? surely not. I said it because it's a part of the song. I'm supposed to say it.

But why do I call God a King? Lord? Savior? Because I'm supposed too?

Why do I greet people? Am I truly happy to see them? Why do I Thank people? Am I truly thankful for their gift?

Why do I tell My girlfriend, or my parents that I love them? Do I truly? Or am I just Supposed too?

I call God a King, Not because I am Supposed to, But because I make him the King of my life everyday. I call him Savior because he pulled me from the fiery pits of hell.

Words are important. Small actions can convey deep feelings. The lack of the same can hide those very feelings. I claim to Love God's word, but I also try to apply to my everyday life. imagine if I said I loved it, but never opened it up or changed my Behavior because of it. I would be a liar.

James said, Faith without Works is Dead. I would argue that love without actions is not truly love, but manipulation. That is not Love. That is hate.

No comments: