Sunday, October 12, 2008

Albumns

Today I was looking thorugh photo albumns with Jessie and her family of her baby pictures. I was listening to all the stories that went along with each picture, watching her parents and friend talk about her so lovingly, and listen to her intrigue in those same stories, and I realized something... Other people have lives too.

It seems so obvious, and yet at the same time, its so easy to forget. People aren't just robots programmed to act a certain way for our benifit, People are people. They have interests, stories, dreams, inside jokes, just like everyone else. I think that its the main part of marriage: promising to share that life with someone else, not just sometime, but ALL the time. living in the same house, the same room, the same bed, virtually no escape from that person. I do find it good that I learned this before I went into ministry, and I pray that I remember it well.

I realized for probobly the first time today (even though it's obvious) that i'm not the only one who loves Jessie. She has affected more people than just me in a positive way. She has made memories, changed lives, and just been a part of life with other people. I cannot be selfish in asking her to spend more time with me, even if I enjoy it.

Besides the fact that I would never want to hurt her, I now know all these other people who would be hurt if she were ever to be. She is an incredible person, and yet it seems like she is a vase; beautiful, but fragile. If i'm not careful with her, I will harm her irreppablly. All I can hoope to do is affect her life in such a way that she puts me in those photo albumns too because she wants to remember me.

1 comment:

jessie said...

That was beautiful in such a melancholy way... it makes me want to write too.