Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mmmm...Stress: Delicious

I don't react well to stress. I take great pride in my ability to deflect stress. I can take small amounts, in fact it ussually makes me work better. When i was at Quiktrip, being stressed during the 6am work rush was something I actully looked forward too. But if get Large doses of stress, I break down. I become this dark person. I have to focus everything I am on not hurting people especially those I care about the most. I'm not sure people understand how much of a monster I can become.

Today, i called into work, spent a few hours working on papers with Jessie, and had a talk with a dear friend I hardly get to speak to anymore. On top of all that, i have a good portion of one of my major papers finished. Talking to my friends about thier issue made me go into Golden Retriever Mode and stop thinking about myself. Once you do that, it's easy to not be stressed. I think if I get some good sleep and make it too this weekend I should fully recover.

And of course, getting back into the habit of daily prayer and bible reading couldn't hurt either...

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no-one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

~Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments: