Tuesday, October 28, 2008

High stakes

I make an appointment with someone, with you perhaps, for sometime in any of your tomorrows, and all the future tomorrows that follow your yesterdays.

I reach out into a future that neither one of us can see, and i plan a meeting with you, and ask you to trust me to be there with you.

I stretch myself into unpredictable days ahead and make one thing predictable for you: I will be there with you.

I create a small Island of certainty in the swirling waters of our uncertainties; the certainity of my presence with you.

I make space in my life for you that you know will be there waiting for you, even if every other place is crowded.

These are some of the things I do when I make a commintment to another Human Being.

How strange it is when you think about it, that a mere human being can take hold of the future and fasten one part of it down for another person.

No comments: