Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rememberance

On tuesday, i was thinking about stuff in chapel that I wasted to blog about(which i did). I didn't want to forget about it, and so following suit of a dear friend of mine, I wrote a Keyword on my arm so i would remember. I just looked at my Arm, and its gone. That not especially surprising since i've showered twice since then (soon to be three). However, it got me thinkin.

Do you remember what you had for lunch a week ago today? Yes, you could prolly figure it out, but do u remember? Off the top of your head? What about that talk with your best friend you had 2 weeks ago? do you remember what it was about? Probobly. Do you remember every word? Probobly Not.

I am amazed at the ability of the Human Mind to intake information, sift through what is important, and discard the rest. I am also amazed with people who have trained thier minds to discern other things as important. What do you think is important?

What things do you remember? Can you call to mind the faces of your friends? Sometimes, I can't. Can you hear a friend's laughter in your mind? I can recreate any one of my friend's laughs in my imagination. But after about a week, I forget what my friends look like. I can still recognize them in person or in a photo, but i can't just summon thier face to mind.

The Human Psyche is intricate indeed...

No comments: