Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Prince of...Catoosa?

We've been talking about Moses in my sunday school class at church(yes, the one i'm teaching). To get a visual, we've been watching Prince of Egypt concurrently with our passages of scripture. Today we started the plagues and Moses' Retun to Egypt.

Moses talks to Pharoah and gets turned down, in addition to giving the Isrealites more work. In the movie, Moses then walks through Goshen and somebody throws mud at Moses, causes him to lose his footing, and he falls into the mud himself. Aaron then goes on a rant. "Do you know waht it's like now, Prince of Egypt?" Moses begins to feel sorry for himself, saying God sent him. Aaron asks when did God start caring.

Then Midian comes up to Moses and says "All my life I've been a slave. And all these years I've been praying, and God hasn't answered any of my prayers, until now. Moses, he saved you from The river, he saved you from Pharoah, he saved you in the desert, and he saved you in Midian. God has a purpose for you, and I think it's too save us."

Not in the scripture, but based on it.

I used to compare myself to Peter in the Bible, but it seems I have more in common with Moses.

So, i'm not going to give up. I can't. It's not my choice. I've been bred, branded, called. God has been cultivating me since before I was born to do somthings for him. Maybe i'll be a great minister or missionary converting thousands, or maybe i'll bring one guy to Jesus and die in a car wreck a week later. Whatever.

I can't live My life any more. Only his life will do.

In the words on Joshua, who Moses mentored, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

No comments: