Wednesday, February 27, 2008

(sigh)...

Have you ever pondered how truly meaningless our existence is? After this is all over, we'll get new bodies. Those bodies won't have these brains, so we won't rememeber any of this. Everything we do is doomed to failure at some degree because of our fallen nature. Many of the things that many of us call "huge deals", we won't remember in 3-6 months. And yet we will stress, get mad, even cry about these things.

I still remember how I felt the day I told everyone I was leaving OCC. But in 3 years, that will be a blip on the map. I still remember the feeling that I "had too" kiss Keri, because there was "no other way" for the relationship to work. Well, it didn't work. And now I wish I still had virgin lips.

Impulse buying. Impulse Eating. On the Whim plans. Do we ever even think about how much time and money we pour into useless things? I remember how appalled at myself I was when me and Keri broke up. I was saving $300 a month by breaking up with her, plus adding +30 hours to my week.

Jesus asked me to be a steward of the gifts he has Given me. In that case, i'm not sure that beating the single-player of Assassin's Creed fulfulled that commandment. However, if I invite that Kid in my Youth Group over to play Assassin's Creed because he doesn't have an Xbox, I think i'm doing the right thing.

To quote one of the greatest theologians of our time, "Why does growing up have to be so hard?". And yet, Jesus told us to act like children. Yet we're sposed to grow up and lose ou innocence? that can't be right...

Oh...I get it...

Freakin Adam got the munchies in the Garden. Darn you!!! *shakes fit angrily*

No comments: