Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blessings From on high

They say you never know what you got until its gone. I've been experiancing this with leaving Ozark. I'm away from the atmosphere, the classes, the learning, the dorms...the people.

That what it boils down too. I miss people. Being gone has shown me just how much i care for the people up there. It has brought out emotions stronger than i knew i was capable of. My Fast has been made even more difficult with the onset all these emotions. To obsess over anything or anyone over God is so easy to do, and yet, must be avoided.

It has made me less of a complainer. I now treasure every moment, every conversation with them. I'm more focused. Everything i do i analyze to see how it helps me get back to OCC either short-term or long-term, but long term takes priority.

I've also discovered alot about myself. Friends may know you better than you know yourself. having things pointed out by my friends now that i'm gone has helped me grow.

I've also had more questions. About me, about God, About my friends. Questions like "Do they care?", "Do they really Miss Me?", "Is God even there?". After this weekend, the first 2 were definatly answered. and because of the circumstances that allowed me to come, i'm either one lucky fellow, or There is a God. And i'd rather go to bank on God than Luck.

No comments: