Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Come right out and say it.

So this friend of mine has a problem. He has something he really needs to say to someone. It's not something bad, but it has..."bad timing". She may not want to hear it right now, and my friend is not sure that telling her is the right thing to do. What does God want him to do?

Ok, you caught me. It's not my friend, it's me.

I have something I really need to say to someone. And I want to tell them. But I'm not sure if right now is the best time to tell or not. I understand Proverbs 27:5. But I also understand Ecclesiasts 3:1-8. What do I Do?

Throw caution to the wind? Tell her? Get it off my chest? Maybe it would be good for her to hear it right now?

Or do I go with my initial decision and wait for a more suitible time? Perhaps I was right, and saying something will do more harm than good.

I find it ironic that I do actully have a friend struggling with a similer situation right now. But her decision is honestly a little more serious than mine. I told her to speak up.

Should I Follow my own advice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about this when I got up... meh (that means I should make that phone call today.) Well, pray about your situation, get GODLY cousel (people seem to think that only talking with their peers counts as Godly counsel... not! Hmm... I need to call my mom before I make that other phone call.) and then see where you should go from there.