Thursday, September 11, 2008

Worthless huh?

This is what the LORD says:
What fault did your fathers find in me, that they strayed so far from me? They followed worthless idols and became worthless themselves.
~Jeremiah 2:5

In Psychology today, Dr. Zustiak talked about mid-life crisis and even students who go through a period of "finding themselves". He really mocked people who go out doing such things. he said something very profound, and i quickly got paper out and jotted down the quote, which may become a slogan of mine. He said,

"Self is not out there waiting to be found, it's waiting to be Created. You are what you Commit yourself too."

He quoted Jeremiah 2:5, showing that God's own people became worthless because they followed the worthless idols. He talked about people who commit thier lives to finding themselves; and how they become guilt-ridden fools who are searching in vain.

You are what you Commit yourself too.

I'm commiting myself to the service of the Lord. therefore, my passion, my dreams, goals, desires... even relationships, are all going to reflect an additude of service. It is my goal, my passion, that no matter where life takes me, I always make this the refrain of my life:

In my life, Be lifted high
In our world, Be lifted high
In our love, Be lifted high

...

You are what you Commit yourself too.

No comments: