Sunday, September 14, 2008

Control

Sometimes, i am amazed at the amount of control i have over my life. It seems like whenever I want something, i get it eventually. I sometimes like to bask in my ability to control my enviroment.

Then Jesus tells me to get over myself.

I have very little control over my envirement. really, i have no control at all, only a percieved control. the only thing i can control is my reactions to the enviroment.

Isn't it nice to know
That the lining is silver
Isn't it nice to know
That we're golden
Yeah we're golden Whoa

I found a love in me
I always somehow knew that it existed
It just needed to be set free
Bon Voyage

Regardless of what is going on, I can maintain a healthy additude. I can be the guy who encourages other people when thier having a bad day. I can be the guy who even in times of adversity can be the one who points people to Jesus through a Life of Love, and the Words of the Gospel.

When I go Down,
I lift my Eyes to you,
I don't look very far,
Cuz you'll be there...

...with open Arms
To lift me up again
Yeah, lift me up again

No comments: