Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Roll Call!!

Woody Wilkenson, a Proffesor at OCC, is one of my favorite people. Today we were doing typical first day stuff, going over the sylibus, and we came to attendance. He said if it were up to him he wouldn't take attendance. He thinks that the reason we students came to OCC and pay a huge sum of money and choose to take his class is because we are firmly convicted in our faith and have sold out for the faith. We have realized that we don't own our own lives anymore and we have no right to be selfish, only to advance the kingdom.

I know i wasn't last fall. If there were no tests or attendance, i'm not sure how often I would have showed up to class. And now, I am convicted. I know my life is not my own, I know I have no excuse to be selfish. I reflect that (or try to) in my big decisions. However, It hasn't filtered down into Everyday life. So that's my Project for this semester: To act out the part of what I actully am...

...A Dead man... walking...

1 comment:

jessie said...

It had some boring parts but when I was done I was glad that I read it. It pretty much defines the kind of society that I've always imagined as perfect. Actually, probably would be a communist if I was a little crazier and not a Christian. I actually only read Utopia because of Ever After.