Friday, February 27, 2009

Steak it to the man


I'm gonna let you in on a little conversation between me and God. Please note, some details have been changed to protect the innocent.

(I'm looking at a 12 oz, medium rare, T-bone Steak)
Me: I'm so hungry.
God: Don't eat that Steak.
Me: But God, I need to! I need the protein, I'm hungry, and it's already here!
God: Don't eat the steak. I know you need those things, but don't eat THAT steak.
Me: Why?

God: For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! ~2 Cor. 5:14-17

Me: ...what?
God: You are a new creation. you no longer have the habits, or desires, or needs of your old self.
Me: Yeah, but it's a steak. Eating a steak is not a sin. Unless your re-enacting the old law.
God: No, I'm not. However, you don't need that steak. I promise you, if you eat that steak right there, you'll be sick. However, I can also promise you, if you don't eat that T-bone, I'll give you a 22oz Rib eye, cooked exactly the way you want it. It will be the best steak you have ever, and will ever have! I want you to trust me, wait on me, and let me show off.

Hahaha! You know you're a fat kid when you draw spiritual parralels with food.

No comments: