Monday, February 23, 2009

Anger

I'm learning more and more about this sickness known as anger. I've never really experienced it before, and so, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to expressing it healthily. I've been learning about what chronic anger can do to a person, emotionally, spiritually, and yes, even physically.

The tension that I place on myself (of course) seems justified, and maybe it is. but whether it is or not is not really the issue. The issue is whether I can express my tension, anger, and frustration in such a way that I avoid hurting myself, and more importantly, others. Anger leads to rash decisions, which lead to people (other than just yourself) being scarred emotionally, broken down spiritually, and maybe even physically harmed. And yet, sometimes anger is the fuel by which great change is enacted.

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
~James 1:19-21

I have a word planted in me. This word is the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Thanks to his grace, I'm not an angry person. I'm not a sinner. I am Righteous. I don't have to live this "old life" because thanks to the blood of Jesus, that's not me anymore.

No comments: