Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lovless

So here is a quote for you to think about. I asked a friend, "Why is it that all of us (meaning my friends) are so mean to each other?"

She responded, "That's how we love each other."

Just let that sit for a moment...

No, read it again...

Does that even make sense?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
~I Corinthians 13:4-8

That's not how I treat my "friends". I've seen recently I treat my "enemies" even worse.

This has to stop somewhere.

2 comments:

jessie said...

You know what's so weird...? I got that explanation from you Freshman year... its weird how stuff comes full circle... I think it's cool you've stopped to think about it though. It's make me think all over again too.

Patrick said...

Yeah, I remember. It's always been the culture i've grown up with. but I hate how much we beat each other down. I dare say even me and shane take it too far!