Saturday, July 26, 2008

Memories...

Coming hoe from Tulsa today, i saw smoke coming from my area. At first I thought it may have been a house (like mine), but the black smoke made me realize it was a car. I saw the car pulled over near my exit on Highway 412, just burning away. I pulled over to the other shoulder. I watched as the fire department came and sprayed water all over the car to put it out. I watched as a woman, presumably the driver, cried as her car burned up. I watched, and I remembered.

Not 3 months ago, i lived through that very experiance. I sympathized with that woman. I understood what was going through her head, at least to some degree. I almost went over and said something too her, but i talked myself out of it because of my new car.

I now wish i had. When that happened to me, everyone drove by my dad and me, except one guy. He pulled over his Semi(yeah, that was cool) and came over to make sure i was ok and just talk to me and my dad. He was one of the reasons I could laugh about it later. I claim to have learned from that experiance...

...but i couldn't return a favor?

1 comment:

jessie said...

That wasn't something I shoved down your throat, was it?

P.S. Congrats on moving to Joplin.