Saturday, July 19, 2008

Death

Yesterday, I Got a stomach infection from something I ate here in mexico. It started out as a simple stomach ache, but the ride down these roads(in mexico there are speed bumps about every 20-30 feet) on the way to the pharmacy almost killed me. I threw up 4 times on the way there! Once there, i got a shot, took 3 pills, and drank some of this medicine that tastes like dirty apples. On the way to our missionaries house, i was delerious with pain. I remember feeling soaked from my sweat, i was numb all over, and I kept rubbing my head for some reason. When i opened my eyes, i saw shapes in purple, with white streaks everywhere. after what seemed like an eternity, Josh pulled over and asked if i was about to puke. When i tried to answer, I stuffed my head outside and threw up.

Last night was very rough for me. I was in so much pain it hurt to move and i thought i was going to die. The things and people who were never out of my head during that time make me realize who i do hold dear. I'm both proud of myself and disgusted. Some priorities will have to change, while others, i need to make stronger.

1 comment:

jessie said...

I'm sorry you got sick. :-(