Thursday, December 13, 2007

Girls, Girls, Girls

So I went to See Keri Yesterday. It was really weird, even the reasons why I did.

Tuesday Night, we were watching a movie in boatmen lobby. During the movie, a guy comes in asking if anyone is going to Tulsa. I was so I said so. He needed a ride so we got phone numbers and planned it out.

Yesterday, when we were half-way to T-Town, my mom calls to tell me the Airport, where Marcos was headed, was out of power. So he makes a few calls, and finds a friend he can stay with for the night or so. As we arrive, I realize I’m only a mile from Keri’s house. So I figure what the heck, and go see her.

Keri was very polite and all, but seemed very distant. We used to really connect, but we talked about the most meaningless things now. She didn’t say so, but it seemed like she wanted me to leave as soon as possible. She didn’t even want to hug me goodbye.

Seeing her act so distant from me really hurt, but I think I needed it. Whether she is over me or not, she acts like she is. That makes it a little easier for me to get over her.

Love is an awkward thing. If you give your heart to the wrong person, you might just end up on a scavenger hunt trying to find it. I really do think I fell in love with Keri, because it was so hard to choose to leave her. But it was the right thing to do.

For those who didn’t know, I’m fasting from dating till the end of Freshman year. The original goal of my fast still stands, and is now needed more: To rely on God more than Girls. It’s really weird, going to college. I’ve made friends with guys, like never before. There’s a bond like I’ve never had. And I’ve never been so close to God.

But I keep chasing those girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude ... little girls are the devil. Stay away from them ;). So I pray that everything has been going good with the fast man. Girls have a way of manipulating the mind, but be sure to overcome such a task because you don't know when the right one will come and you want to be ready for her...but first you need to finish that fast.