Sunday, December 30, 2007

Conversational Witnessing

Recently I've been struggling alot with the concept of Christ's "unconditional love", i.e. the fact that he can forgive ANY sin i may commit, without question or hesitation. I've felt so dirty this month, and so far from God. Then i went to work last night.

I was talkig to nicole about stuff. pretty much, this is how it went down:

Nicole: Hey patrick, check out that girl, isn't she hot?
Me: That's ok. i'm not really into checking people out.
Nicole: Your trying to tell me you've never checked someone out?
Me: no, that'd be lieing. I try to avoid checking people out.
Nicole: You know, i never hear you talk about a girl, and you won't check em out...what are you? gay?
Me: No, i'm not Gay, i'm saving myself. Call it a God thing.
Nicole: Right, your saving sex for marriage, but checking someone out isn't sex.
Me: true, but it's easier to avoid that if you don't take the steps leading up to it.
Nicole: I've decided. we need to get you laid.
Me: no. thats ok.
Nicole: Well, thats cool that your sticking to your faith ad stuff, but that sounds boring.
Me: well, see, actully Christianity only has one rule: to Love God and Others.
Nicole: So u can do whatever you want?
Me: Its like this. (Romans 3:23). God's already told me I'm not Good enough to save myself. (John 3:16). but God sent his son to Die for us because he loved us so much. he took al our current and future mistakes away from us, and died, paying the price for us.
Nicole: So why do you bother being good and stuff if it's all taken care of?
Me: Because if God loved me that much to come and die for me, even when i didn't know or want him too, then he must have good intentions for me. So i decided to try out the "rules of living" found in the bible. Turns out, when your Honest, Kind, Loving, Self-Controlled, etc. your life is less stressful, you have more friends that are closer to you, and you ALWAYS have hope.
Nicole: that's cool.

Basiclly, the conversation ended there. I think it not only affected her, but My 2A, Denver, the guy i've been praying for heard the whole thing. I really think it affected him too. I hope it did. If anyone who reads this wouldn't mind, please pray for Denver and Nicole.

I was in awe that night. I felt so far from God all break, and yet, when the time came, his Spirit gave me the words to say. i felt like my connection to the father was Gone, and yet his spirit gave the knowlegde to a questio i've been strugling to answer in Christian Life class. Once again, God is awesome.

No comments: