Thursday, September 3, 2009

Here's a secret for you

A lot of the time, I avoid doing things because I simply assume I'm going to fail (or at least do poorly). I don't like failing at anything (most people don't). For some reason however, I will sometimes go and do things, even though I expect to fail. What's funny is that 7/10 times I do this, the experiance goes rather well. For example, I just got hired on at a office. Like I have a cubicle. Full-time Job. Never had one before, but I've always wanted one. However, when I walked in there I thought "your wasting your time". I almost got up and left during the super long waiting periods I had. But I got the job!

Why don't I try things more often? I don't consider myself a failure deep down. Really, deep down I have humility issues. Could it be I'm afraid of actually exceeding other people's expectations? Or even my own?

No comments: