Thursday, May 7, 2009

Aviators


This morning, I was driving back from Neosho. Instead of enjoying the summer air and warmth, I was crying. Me and God were having a very emotional Conversation. That conversation is not what this post is about however. This post is about what happened when I got off the Highway.


I pulled up to the stoplight and immediatlly became aware that I looked like i was crying (cuz I was). I didn't want people(whom I didn't know) to see me cry (which they coouldn't from outside the car anyway). I then realized I was "safe". I had my aviators on. They covered my eyes so completly that I had no chance of being discovered.


We do this all the time don't we? We have an irrational fear of people hating the stuff deep inside us, the real us, that we put up our aviators, smile through the tears, and say everything's fine. But it's not. We need to take off our sunglasses and be more open and honest with our Christian brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

jessie said...

I really, really, really like this post. And don't worry, if everything doesn't work out right just come see me and I'll give you a big hug.