Monday, March 24, 2008

My brother's speck, and my plank

I don't quite know how to lead into this conclsion. So i'll just tell you the conclusion, then how i got there. I'm a spoiled little brat. ok, thats the easy part, now pull up a chair and i'll tell you a tale...

So basiclly, as you may know, i'm a "miracle baby"...literally. My heart stopped beating while my mom was in emergency surgery. my dad prayed that if God saved me, My dad would commit me to him. The doctor pronounced me dead...then my heart started beating again. The doctor expected brain damage, and while some may argue otherwise XD, I have none.

now, fast forward roughly 16 years...

after a year of "just ok" grades at a rediculously-high priced christian high school, I recieved a full-ride scholorship to attend Grace. till i graduated. basiclly a $8000 scholorship.

Fast forward 1 year...

I get a job at QuikTrip. very high paying, high morale work atmosphere. and out of 66 stores in thetulsa area, i get assigned the one 4 minutes from my house. not only that, i have a manager who turns out to be a good friend.

Fast forward 3 months...

At a CIY conferance with over 800 high school students, i recieve a Scholorship to ozark by default because I was the only one at that particular conferance who wanted to attend ozark.

Fast forward 6 months...to now...

I'm not going to ozark because of "less than ok" grades, i'm still working at QuikTrip, and i just got assigned to the Schedule of 6:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Fri. Dream Schedule. And yet, i'm still chasing the night assistant job. Why? cuz it pays more?

I'm also the Intern at Inola Christian Church. Working nights, that was rough. But with my new schedule, i can help out at the church, hang out with kids after school, go on trips with the Youth Group, and still have free time. with said free time, i can work odd jobs and such, or hang out with friends on the weekends when they come down, instead of not sleeping for fear of taking the day off. so why work nights?

that is the question...

I'm talking to my manger tomorrow. i'm getting my name taken off the promotion list.

God has been flooding my life with blessings since before I could say the word blessing. I have been blind to his love, to his plan. If God is working this hard to keep me on track, he must have a plan for me. So instead of ignoring his blessings and whining about it not being my way, i'm going to try God's way, i'm going to accept his blessings, use them, and stop thinking my plan is the only way to go.

No comments: