Saturday, January 3, 2009

Trust

I'm come to discover that I have an Incredible ability to make people trust me. Now I don't mean that I'm a Good at lying, But i Simply mean people tend to confide in me and find me to be a trustworthy person. Some recent Examples:
  • The Teller at the bank let me open an account if i promised to bring my passport the next day.
  • One of my Tables left me a Tip AND a Donotion to the Youth Group.
  • Another one of my Tables consisted of 5 high schoolers who asked for directions to my church.
  • A women offered to "Take me home with her" because I seemed like a nicer guy than she was used too.
This kinda stuff happens all the time. Some of my friends, I wonder why they ever started sharing things with me. Some people That I know intimately, know hardly anything about me even as they share their innermost feelings with me. This has advantages, such as being able to "sucker" people into tipping better. However, this ability, combined with my new found determined-ness to be my more outgoing self, has led to several recent encounters With people and God:
  • Heather - A wiccan, Married mother, who shared with me her hate for the church and her husbands open practice of black magic.
  • George - A Ex-Gangbanger from Cali who's just trying to make a new life for his wife and little baby boy.
  • Alex - The Pessimistic High school drop out who thinks that humanity is headed for the toilet and can't be saved, even by this probably non-existant God.
  • Lisa - The Disabled, Destitute, Tattooed, Tabacco Chewing Woman who wants more than anything else to take a couple classes at OCC.
  • And there are SO many more!
I'm always amazed by God's ability to use me and work through me even when at times i feel like a big walking heap of trash. God Truly does use the weak to lead the strong.

I truly pray I continue to become less, so that he can become more!

No comments: